We all love turkey, don’t we? We not only enjoy eating this flavourful bird with our loved ones, but also cherish the process of cooking it. The main thing that has started attracted most of the health freaks is that one need not to fry the turkey in oil anymore. Yes, you read it right! Thanks to oil less turkey fryers, one can easily prepare turkey without frying, that too very quickly.
Find below how one can prepare a delicious turkey in such fryers and make the holiday season more special and fun-filled.
Before you start cooking, make sure that you have main items for the same such as:
- 1 defrosted 12-14 lb. turkey
- 1 quartered onion
- 1 sliced lemon
- 10 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp creole seasonings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
After having all the ingredients handy, here is how you should begin preparing your turkey:
- The first step is to place the fryer for pre-heating.
- Wash the turkey in cold water and do not forget to eliminate giblets. Use rosemary sprigs, onion as well as some creole seasonings and stuff them inside the turkey and detach the skin from the turkey breast using fingers. Once done, place remaining sprigs and lemon slices in the separated portion.
- With the help of creole seasonings and olive, rub the turkey skin.
- Put the bird in the basket with the neck and giblet placed in the bottom. After this, place the thermometer in the densest part of the turkey breast area. See that the gadget is not in touch with any bone.
- Ensure to lace the drip pan below to keep your floor cleaning during this process.
- Insert this basket into the fryer and allow it to cook for around 3 hours. See the instructions booklet to understand the temperature requirements.
- Once ready, take the basket out and let it cool down for few minutes.
This guide to cooking turkey without grease is one of the healthiest you will find anywhere. Also, while your turkey is getting cooked in the fryer, you can prepare the gravy simultaneously.