Press Release As A Tool For Marketing
Initially press releases were meant to be used as a tool for communication between media and company public relations staff. But with the online news sites coming into picture, nowadays press releases are used to communicate directly with the consumers.
Company marketers make press releases with the aim to receive exposure to the most extent. Some of theaward winning ideas made for press release that can help in increasing the visibility are the following:
- You must start your press release by announcing something that is interesting for the consumers.If you end up releasing boring news then it will receive very little results irrespective of the fact that it was optimized well.It is better to be focused on a specific topic. Do not dilute the message for readers and news search engines by focusing on too much information.
- Use web page optimization principles for optimizing a press releaseand ensure that the important keywords must be used in the initial part of the document.
- Distribution of the release should be done via wire services such as PR web or business wire. In case, if the release is distributed through many wire services on a particular day, then there are chances that the duplicates will be filtered out by the news search engines.
- Create a press release with the purpose to give a reason to your readers to click through. Simply an announcement is not enough. You need to add some action opportunity for the readers. For instance, add a free trial, special offer, free consultation, webinars etc.
- Keep in mind that your press release should be easy to understand and at the same time it should be relevant for the bloggers and journalists so that it helps them to write properly about your news. You can also pre-write a summary for bloggers.